The CLX shares the exact same geometry as the truncated aero tube shapes of the V1-r. They are both fast bikes, but they do differ in some ways.
The CLX utilizes standard mount brakes and a standard round seatpost, rather than the aero specific parts that are required for the V1-r. The 2017 CLX has a new look as well. Gone is the swoopy looking design of it’s previous iteration. The new aerodynamic look is once again much more similar to the V1r than it is to the older versions of the CLX.
The ride characteristics of the CLX were refined to give the rider the classic feel of a Colnago. The handling is first in class. This a bike that will let you stretch your limits, whether that is climbing that hill for the first time or participating in your first race.
Although this bike mirrors the V1r, the bike Ferrari collaborated on, and is second from the top of the Colnago hierarchy, this bike is pitched for riders of all abilities. Colnago wants to expand its ridership and this is the perfect bike to do that.
So if you want a bike that will ride like a top of the line Colnago, one that handles like a dream and will have you doing things you never thought you could, don’t pass up this bike.
- Frame: CLX monocoque carbon
- Fork: Colnago carbon
- Headset: Colnago integrated, No. 63/51E
- Brakes: Shimano Ultegra 6800
- Shifters: Shimano Ultegra 6800
- Crank: Shimano 6800 50x34T
- Bottom Bracket: Colnago ThreadFit82.5 bottom bracket system
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra 6800
- Cassette: Shimano 105 11-28T
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra 6800
- Chain: Shimano
- Wheelset: Fulcrum Racing 5
- Skewers: Fulcrum
- Tires: Vittoria Rubino 700x25c
- Handlebar: Deda RHM 01
- Handlebar Tape: Colnago synthetic cork
- Stem: Deda Zero One
- Seatpost: CLX carbon 27.2mm
- Saddle: Selle Italia SL
- Sizes: 42cm | 45cm | 48cm | 50cm | 52cm | 54cm | 56cm | 58cm |
- Colors: GOWH, GORD, GOLB, GOBK
- Weight: 8050g | 17.75lbs